Pregnant jobless boyfriend also jobless...

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Ilikevideogames

Pregnant jobless boyfriend also jobless...

Indlægaf Ilikevideogames » 09.03.2017 14:29:38

Hi there,

Just wanting some advice really.

I'm British and currently in Denmark with my Danish boyfriend who I have lived with for the past 3 years in Scotland.

We had decided to make the move to Denmark in Autumn last year, and just before we moved we found out I was pregnant! I'm now 18 weeks and jobless but looking and had had a few interviews and maybe some offers of more short term work. He is also jobless and currently on kontanthjælp. If he gets a job is it true we can apply for EU familiesammenføring and I can stay to have the baby? Or will his kontanthjælp stand in the way of this... And if Neither of us get a job 12 weeks before I'd have to go on leave I guess I have to go home to have the baby right...

Just wanting to know our options as its a bit of a trouble getting my head around the systems and things...

mh
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet
Kontakt:

Re: Pregnant jobless boyfriend also jobless...

Indlægaf mh » 09.03.2017 16:24:33

If he gets a job, so that he can provide for all three of you, you can register as an EU-citizen with a sponsor (= your boyfriend). He will have to sign a declaration that he undertakes to provide for you (he is obliged by law to provide for his child). Do bear in mind that the alimony you get must be declared to the tax authorities as your income.
mh

Tilbage til "IN ENGLISH"