"New goals for processing time" and unborn child

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
kraki

"New goals for processing time" and unborn child

Indlægaf kraki » 03.03.2017 12:07:56

Hello all,

I am desperate and need advice.

I got married to a Danish man in Sep 2016 and applied for family unification visa (spouse visa) in the beginning of October 2016.

I was hoping to have a result within 5 months period as that was the processing time goal for my visa at the time. After eagerly waiting for 5 months, it did not seem like we were going to hear from immigration soon, so I went to the immigration office this morning.

Much to my surprise, I was told that the new law has set since 1st Mar 2017, and the processing goal for family unification has been extended to 10 months. I immediately thought my case anyway does not apply to this change because I had applied last October. Unfortunately, below is what I was told and it is a quote from immigration website.

“If the application for family reunification is submitted before 1 March 2017 and the applicant has not received a letter from the Immigration Service, where the processing time for the given case is informed, the expected maximum processing time is 12 months. “
So, now my waiting time has extended up to October 2017. I could not believe this….

However, the biggest problem is that I am now 7 weeks pregnant and due in mid Oct. When we found out about our pregnancy a few weeks ago, we though my visa result would come in anytime, so let’s hope for the best. It’s just another few weeks.
But now…. My visa result could come next month or in Oct when I am about to deliver a child.
At the immigration counter today, I wanted to tell the immigration lady that I am pregnant and I am desperate, but I didn’t. I was not sure if it was a good idea for me to tell her. I was scared that it might affect my visa situation in a wrong way. So I really need your help.

My question is:

1. Do you guys think it would actually take up to 12 months from submission date, or there’s a good chance I hear from them in next few months?
2. Hoping that I would have my visa granted by Oct, do you think I should stay back in Denmark and prepare for child delivery (I am aware that I would require to pay all medical expenses on my own).
3. Is it a better choice for me to go back to my own county and deliver a child while waiting for my visa?
4. After having a child in my own country (Japan), my child will be a Danish citizen by the law, I believe. But, to initially come back here, she will have a Japanese passport first, enter Denmark as a tourist and then apply for Danish passport from here? And hopefully I will have my family unification granted by then, and enter Denmark with my family unification visa.
5. I am planning to visit immigration office on Monday again and let them know about my pregnancy. I know it will probably not make any difference, but I should let them know that I am pregnant and seek for advice?

Thanks for reading my long post. Hope some of you could give us advice and suggestions. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Kraki

mh
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet
Kontakt:

Re: "New goals for processing time" and unborn child

Indlægaf mh » 03.03.2017 15:08:36

1) Since that is what they say (this is not a law, just 'practice'), you should expect it.
2) Since you have an application in progress, you probably will not have to pay. The info on this is here on ÆUG's pages somewhere, though only in Danish. I will try to find it.
3) Not if you will not have to pay. It's a very long way away to be lonely ...
4) Your child will be a Danish and a Japanese citizen. You can register the birth at the Danish Embassy and get a Danish passport (in addition to the Japanese). The only thing you will not get for your child is a 'cpr'-number, as only children born in DK get it right away. Children born outside get it once they get registered at an address in DK.
5) Don't bother - it will make no difference one way or another. There is absolutely no reason to give additional info, that might even cause your dossier to go to the bottom of the pile.
mh

mh
Kontakt:

Indlægaf mh » 03.03.2017 15:19:18

Here is a link to the info about when you may expect to NOT have to pay for the costs for giving birth in DK: http://www.aegteskabudengraenser.dk/upl ... ndling.pdf

If that does not work, try this, and then the link is in the first post:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8937&p=85842&hilit=f
mh

kraki

Indlægaf kraki » 03.03.2017 16:05:14

To mh,

Thank you for your response, really appreciate it.

A few more questions if I may. Regarding medical fee being possibly waived, where do you suggest us to approach? The kommune?

I have one job offer in hand. (Note: I did NOT apply. Someone I know is offering me a position). Do you think this could show and benefit that I am willing to work and contribute to this country?

skaanebo

Indlægaf skaanebo » 03.03.2017 16:16:53

Your job offer is not going to be of any help unless it will earn you enough money to apply for a green card instead of a residence permit on family grounds.

mh
Kontakt:

Indlægaf mh » 03.03.2017 20:16:54

Regarding the medical fee, you will most likely not have a 'cpr'-number when you go to the hospital to give birth, but you should inform them that you have an application for family reunion in progress, then they will know that you don't have to pay - and if they should not know it, then print out the paper you find on the link, and put a copy of it with the things you bring to the hospital.
mh

kraki

Indlægaf kraki » 04.03.2017 12:24:56

To skaanebo,

Thanks. That makes sense.

To mh,

Thanks again. So that means ultra-sound, scannnig, blood tests and all the other necessary tests are not free? Only the actual delivery will be free, am I correct?

mh
Kontakt:

Indlægaf mh » 04.03.2017 17:33:58

I really don't know, and can't find any source on that. How about simply asking the GP and the midwife?
mh

kraki

Indlægaf kraki » 05.03.2017 16:03:44

To mh,
Thanks, I will do that!

Sam_123

Indlægaf Sam_123 » 11.03.2017 14:23:18

We had to only pay 400 kr to out gp. After that everything is free at the hospital. Ultracanning etc

kraki

Indlægaf kraki » 21.03.2017 09:55:41

Sam_123 skrev:We had to only pay 400 kr to out gp. After that everything is free at the hospital. Ultracanning etc

Thanks, Sam_123!
We went to see our GP and paid around the same amout. How long did you wait for your hospital to contact for further procedure after having visited the GP?

Sam_123

Indlægaf Sam_123 » 22.03.2017 12:05:09

I think around 3-4 weeks. Not 100 % sure. You can also call the hospital and hear if they have received papers from your GP after two weeks.

Our GP gave us a paper with contact details to the hospital to call and book appointment for NT-Scan. We called them, before getting a letter from the hospital and got our appointment. The lady on the phone generated a temporary cpr number, which we can use whenever we are in contact with the hospital.

Which hospital has your GP sent you to? Hvidovre hospital is very professional, and it seems like a normal procedure that they have done before, so nu issues at all with them.

Hope everything goes smooth for you:)

Nirosan

Indlægaf Nirosan » 03.04.2017 12:31:30

Hi Everybody

I am danish citizen and my wife came to Denmark and now we have seek for family unification visa.

I Could read that, if we go to GP and pay 400kr, all the pregnancy cost will be covered - Can anybody help me by who is GP? and how is the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Br
Niro

skaanebo

Indlægaf skaanebo » 03.04.2017 14:11:38

Contact your own doctor for advice on this.

kraki

Indlægaf kraki » 03.04.2017 15:05:17

Sam_123 skrev:I think around 3-4 weeks. Not 100 % sure. You can also call the hospital and hear if they have received papers from your GP after two weeks.

Our GP gave us a paper with contact details to the hospital to call and book appointment for NT-Scan. We called them, before getting a letter from the hospital and got our appointment. The lady on the phone generated a temporary cpr number, which we can use whenever we are in contact with the hospital.

Which hospital has your GP sent you to? Hvidovre hospital is very professional, and it seems like a normal procedure that they have done before, so nu issues at all with them.

Hope everything goes smooth for you:)

Sorry for my late reply. It had been crazy for the past a couple of weeks. Now my visa has finally been granted and I have an ultrasound appointment at Rigshospitalet next week.
Thanks for your kind help!!!

Tilbage til "IN ENGLISH"