Family Reunification and Divorce

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
armand

Family Reunification and Divorce

Indlægaf armand » 28.02.2017 08:56:43

Hello everyone! I am a Non EU citizen married to a danish girl, we got married in 2014, we have no kids and unfortunatly (because I still love her) she has been unfaithfull and she wants to divorce me. I have been working since June 2015 in the same job (although it is not full time) and I am in dansksprog 3.4.
My first temporary residence expires in June 2017. The divorce is not filed yet but she is adamant and I am afraid that there is not way back.
My question, is there something that it can be done in order to stay in Denmark? I love the country and I left everything behind just to come here with her. I have to add also that everything went down quite fastly and It has been a huge shock for me, as a consequence of this, I have been under a terrible psycological stress (losing everything for we have been working for the last 3 years) getting to the point of needing professional assistence. I hope you can help me.

Armand.

mh
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet
Kontakt:

Re: Family Reunification and Divorce

Indlægaf mh » 01.03.2017 09:42:39

Your wife can file for divorce, but you do not need to accept it. She has to begin by applying to the 'Statsforvaltning', and when you do not accept and co-sign, she has to ask them to forward the case to the court. This will buy you some time, and quite possibly so much that you will reach the two-year requirement:

Read why two-year here: https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ ... -in-dk.htm
mh

armand

Indlægaf armand » 01.03.2017 11:20:34

Thanks for the advice!... do you think I can stay in the country even if my residence expires during the process of divorce?
Do you think it will matter wheter my job is full time or not?

thanks again!

mh
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet
Kontakt:

Indlægaf mh » 02.03.2017 20:53:08

It does not say that your job should be full-time. And you should definitely apply for extension, not just put your head in the sand and think that you can put everything in order afterwards. That won't work.

You should, however, not move out, if you have to apply for extension of your family reunion permit, but when you have had your job for two years, you should apply for extension on that basis too. It is perfectly legal to have to applications 'in action' at the same time.
mh

Tilbage til "IN ENGLISH"