On family reunification for 2 years but now divorced, What now?

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Suji

On family reunification for 2 years but now divorced, What now?

Indlægaf Suji » 22.02.2017 21:34:29

Hi
I have lived in Denmark since 09/2014 and applied for a visa on the 11/11/2014. I have since been divorced from my Danish wife, after a marriage of 18 months. I am currently a 4th semester engineering student and my family re-unification visa expires this May. What are my chances of being allowed to stay in Denmark? I am aware of my student visa options and work permit options. Thanks in advance.
Regards
Suji

mh
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet
Kontakt:

Re: On family reunification for 2 years but now divorced, What now?

Indlægaf mh » 23.02.2017 07:09:47

If you are divorced, and there are no common children with whom you either live or have regular visitation, there is absolutely no chance to renew your family reunion residence permit. Actually it could be revoked today, since you no longer married.

So you should apply for a student visa ASAP. Be aware that it may mean that you no longer qualify for free education (that is: from now on you will have to pay tuition) and if you are receiving SU, it may stop too.
mh

Suji

Re: On family reunification for 2 years but now divorced, What now?

Indlægaf Suji » 23.02.2017 16:41:12

Hi MH

Thank you so much for your response as unsettling as it is. I hate these rules but I understand that it is impossible to separate the good from the bad. Well, i guess it will have to be a student visa at a great expense.
Regards
Suji

Tilbage til "IN ENGLISH"