family reunification with a child of 6 months

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
babysofie

family reunification with a child of 6 months

Indlægaf babysofie » 16.01.2017 02:55:18

Hello, I am a Filipino and is married to a danish man. The situation is this, my husband and I has been married since February 19,2015. Right after our marriage we then apply for a family reunification which got denied in the sense that is was still 6 months away til he is 3 years without receiving a kontanthjælp from the kommune. So we were advice to just stay in Philippines since we are married and that I have to leave denmark since the application has been rejected. I considered it since of course I will be close to my family at home but my husband couldn't. He has not been out from this country since he was 13 and he is 37 now,I am 27. He indeed only love and want to live in denmark for the rest of his life. So I went home and later that year 2015, before it ends I went back here through spouse visit visa. We are going to re apply again. But then a month after I arrived I got pregnant. We haven't sent the application yet for family reunification. We went to see a doctor and was going to arrange the necessary arrangements and check ups during pregnancy but since I don't have a cpr number yet the doctor suggested I should deliver the baby in the Philippines. As the law said, our baby will automatically be danish wherever I delivered her since we are married, so I went home again,pregnant. My husband stayed in denmark. We then focus on the pregnancy and delivery of the baby and planned to go back to denmark ASAP right after I have birth and then we apply for family reunification. So July 2016 and I gave birth. As planned, I then arrange spouse visit visa for me and a passport then a short term visa for our baby girl since we are going to register her here as soon as we arrived since according to danish citizen law, she is a danish citizen. We were back here by November 2016. We are staying currently at my in laws house with our baby. And is on listing for an apartment (akut bolig) in the kommune. By the way my daughter is deprived from any privileges as a danish baby such as free consultation when sick, hospitalisation, vaccines..etc as I the mother hasn't acquired my permit to stay yet. We are going to apply for a family reunification with our baby I guess, I don't know how this works now when we have a child and she is a danish already according by law. The spouse visit visa and the visa I got for my daughter will reach it's 90 days maximum stay on the 14th of February. The kommune is still trying to find as a place to stay and the thing is what if the 14th of February comes and there is still no apartment available. Obviously we cannot send application since apartment is one of the requirements. What do we do? Can you suggest any option for us that we don't have to go home again since we really have been spending so much already with just the travelling back and forth just in order for this to work and to honor what husband wants, to stay here. Besides it's not really easy travelling with a baby. Please help us resort other option with our situation. 
Thank you!

Mvh,
Ann

skaanebo

Re: family reunification with a child of 6 months

Indlægaf skaanebo » 16.01.2017 10:42:23

Look for a place to stay outside Copenhagen city centre. If you go some 50-70 km away from Copenhagen, housing should not be that difficult to find and your husband can still commute to work in Copenhagen.

babysofie

Re: family reunification with a child of 6 months

Indlægaf babysofie » 16.01.2017 13:10:29

Hello, thank you for the suggestion. We are trying to find a place outside the kommune and possible nearest place from Copenhagen but mostly the only available are rooms for rent with landlords and couples are not allowed especially with a small baby.
So I tried calling the immigration. They suggest that we should send an application. Documenting that we are on the akut bolig list for apartment in the kummone and that since currently our living situation is we are staying at my in laws while waiting for am apartment then it is acceptable as long as we have separate entrance and that the room we are living is atleast 20 metre square and that 16 metre square is also okay. My question is what exactly does a separate entrance means? Is it separate door with us and them through the house? I.e. we have our own entrance to our room and the kitchen and bathroom and they have theres? Or it means flatly that the room we are staying/sleeping is with separate doors from there's? The house is a rækehus with 1st floor and second floor. Upstairs is there is 4 room where 1 is the bathroom. The rest 3 is one room occupied by me and my husband, other one is occupied by my in laws and the other one is where our daughter sleeps (temporary nursery). Downstairs is the kitchen with dining table and then another room for the stue/living room. Next to the living room is another room that was build later on like an additional room build after the whole rækehus was build so I don't think it is shown in the bbr areal measurement of the house which the immigration asked include in the application to see the exact measures of the house.

Tilbage til "IN ENGLISH"