Moving from Denmark to Sweden Under EU rules. Address Issues

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
tee_rex

Moving from Denmark to Sweden Under EU rules. Address Issues

Indlægaf tee_rex » 19.11.2016 15:33:11

Dear All

Me and mt wife are planning to move from Denmark to Sweden next month (My wife is Danish). My Danish visa is valid until 17 March 2017. After we move into Sweden I am planning to apply for a resident card and resident permit at the same time. I have some issues regarding my address in Denmark and the resident permit.

1. Once I apply for Resident card I am eligible to work and learn Swedish in Sweden. Does that mean after applying to Resident card my address in Denmark will be canceled? I spoke to Danish immigration and they said my address is canceled, my Resident permit for Denmark will be canceled automatically. Therefore, I do not want to cancel my resident permit to Denmark as I have to visit Denmark until my visa will be expired. Or will it be canceled after I get a personal number from Sweden?

2. As I mentioned that I want to apply under both rules. Does that mean migrationsverket will consider only one application? or would they consider both applications and issue me the resident card and resident permit ?

Thank you so much
Thilina

skaanebo

Re: Moving from Denmark to Sweden Under EU rules. Address Issues

Indlægaf skaanebo » 19.11.2016 15:40:11

1. Once you register your address in Sweden, you will automatically be deleted from the Danish registry. After a while (I think about six months later) your Danish residence permit/residence card will be cancelled also.

2. In July 2016 Sweden changed some regulations on this issue and I'm not sure if you can actually apply under both rules simultaneously anymore. You might have to choose which application will suit you better. But if you are allowed to hand in two applications, both applications should be processed independently. You will have to ask Migrationsverket about it.

tee_rex

Indlægaf tee_rex » 19.11.2016 16:07:00

Thank you for the quick reply Skaanebo

skaanebo skrev:1. Once you register your address in Sweden, you will automatically be deleted from the Danish registry. After a while (I think about six months later) your Danish residence permit/residence card will be cancelled also.

2. In July 2016 Sweden changed some regulations on this issue and I'm not sure if you can actually apply under both rules simultaneously anymore. You might have to choose which application will suit you better. But if you are allowed to hand in two applications, both applications should be processed independently. You will have to ask Migrationsverket about it.

1.Therefore, to get registered in Sweden 1st of all I should I have the resident permit? Till they make the decision ,can I still keep the address in Denmark?

2. My wife has work in Denmark and she earns a decent salary. Moreover, We bought an apartment in Malmo. I am qualified for both EU and Swedish rules.

My Danish resident permit valid until 17th March 2017. So do you think I can still apply with Swedish rules if I apply before my Danish permit expires? They take 9 to 15 months to make a decision. Will I be counted as overstay after my Danish visa expires and ask me to apply from back home?

Or is it better to submit an application for Resident card 1st and wait for the decision and once I get the Resident card and then apply for Resident permit?

skaanebo

Indlægaf skaanebo » 19.11.2016 21:45:22

You have to find out if you can apply under both regulations first.

If not, go for the EU application.

Under EU laws you can be registered as a resident in Sweden once you have handed in your application for a residence card. So you don't need to sit and wait for it to arrive. You can register your address at Skatteverket the same day as you hand in your application at Migrationsverket for a residence card. You simply need to bring copies of your documentation to prove that you qualify.

Tilbage til "IN ENGLISH"