Questions about Permanent residence.

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
AbeOrtega

Questions about Permanent residence.

Indlægaf AbeOrtega » 27.10.2016 00:57:05

Dear people from ÆUG.

I came to Denmark four and a half years ago. I came here under family reunification under the EU rules. About two years ago my wife and I decided to split (still keeping a loving friendly relationship) since then we have both lived and worked in Copenhagen, studied here or currently studying but we have not kept the same address. In a little over half a year it will be 5 years since I came to this wonderful country and I would like to continue to live here. I've been reading about similar topics here but I would still like to humbly ask you the questions that I have and I hope you can help me.

1.- Is there any crucial requirements I need to fulfil in order to be able to apply for permanent residence?

2.- Is there something that would make the migration office to not grant me this residence?

3.- When is the right time to apply if my opholdskort expires in July 2017?

As always your help means everything! Thank you so much for taking the time to help other people. I will look forward to hear from you.

evc
Kontakt:

Re: Questions about Permanent residence.

Indlægaf evc » 29.10.2016 08:54:15

You have to see what are the requirements made by Udlændingestyrelsen about resident permit. They have recently changed the rules and you must have worked for a few years before you can apply, and among others, have passed a Danish language test. In the past studying would replace work time, but according to their website, not anymore.

https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ ... permit.htm
www.housefy.dk - Free bolig portal in Denmark. Announce, search and contact landlords for free.