Help for applying Family Reunification in Sweden

This forum is dedicated to all our English-speaking members.
Please feel free to ask your questions here!
Optimistic11

Re: Help for applying Family Reunification in Sweden

Indlægaf Optimistic11 » 01.01.2013 17:48:10

Same to you DBS :-)

can you tell me what is the procedure to apply in both ways...?
Should I make two separate applications with two different forms and send them together in one envelope or in separate envelops ? I am bit confuse how to apply through both ways :-/ can you plz elaborate.... ?

fundiver199

Indlægaf fundiver199 » 04.01.2013 09:28:10

I dont think it really matters how many envalopes, you use, but it is two completely separate applications, so maybe it will cause some kind of confusion or mistake, if you send them together. Is it really not possible to apply by Swedish law while in Sweden, when you are already legally residing there on your student visa? And if it is possible, then why bother with the EU-rules and two parallel applications?

Optimistic11

Indlægaf Optimistic11 » 04.01.2013 15:02:54

To fundiver 199,

My student visa in Sweden is already expired and my application for extending my student visa has been rejected. Right now my case is in appeal and I know they will reject my appeal also. So I can not apply through Swedish rules without leaving the country and apply from my home country online. I do not wish to leave from Sweden and be far from my wife for next three for months. For that reason I am going towards EU laws, because EU law give me the right to stay in Sweden while my application is in process.

However if I apply first through EU laws, and when my application is in process and they find out that obstacle of Health Insurance of my Danish wife (pensioner), then if I apply through Swedish law also and send new application for Swedish law will it help me.... Can you give me your opinion fundiver199 ?? thanks

fundiver199

Indlægaf fundiver199 » 07.01.2013 07:37:24

You can only apply after swedish rules while in Sweden, if and when your EU-application has already been approved.

Optimistic11

Indlægaf Optimistic11 » 07.01.2013 14:01:15

Ok... I understand. Thanks. I am going to apply under EU rules first. I will update the feedback here. :-)

fundiver199

Indlægaf fundiver199 » 07.01.2013 15:10:37

Since you already reside in Sweden, having to go home for 3-4 month to apply for a new residence permit is fairly inconvenient to say the least, so the EU-rules are definitely the right ones to use in your situation.

And hopefully the bureaucratic problems with the EU-rules and proof of health insurance are not as bad, as they once were. At least I sence, that the amount of people complaining in our forum about this has decreased somewhat. So with a bit of luck, your EU-application will hopefully be approved.

Please report back and tell us, if you face any problems, and also if the process is smooth and fast, since this kind of feedback is essential for our ability to guide other people in the future.

Optimistic11

Indlægaf Optimistic11 » 08.01.2013 16:54:08

Yes I will definitely post the feedback about the process. Today I have send my application for the Residence Card under EU laws. Hope for a smooth process now :-)

Thanks.

Optimistic11

Indlægaf Optimistic11 » 23.04.2013 13:58:17

Hello to all,

Today we finally got the Visa under EU laws in Sweden :-)

We are so much thankful to all of you who guide and support us in the tough time we were going through. Hope all the loving couples who wish to live together beyond these human made border rules/nationalities may find the success and become able to live there rest of life with peace, love and prosperity together :-)

Many thanks to fundiver (admin), mh and skanebo.

A little summary/ feedback of our case especially for the admin so it might help others also ;

1. I was living in Sweden on student visa, my student visa was expired and the application for the extension of student visa was rejected, and the case was in appeal in migration court.

2. My girlfriend was Danish national and a pensioner !

3. We planed to live together in Sweden and then finally married in Sweden.

4. I withdrawn my appeal of previous student visa extension from the court and then I send a new application under EU laws on the basis of family reunification in January this year.

5. I received a letter in March that the migrationsverket has suspended the order of my deportation (because I withdrawn my previous student visa appeal) since now I am married to EU citizen and has applied under EU laws that have more priority than the Swedish national laws.

6. In April, me and my wife appeared for an interview at the migrationsverket that went smooth.

7. And now I got the Five Year Residence Card :)

* There were no any problem in the whole process, it went all smooth, No questions about "Health Insurance" or pension at all.

Once again, thanks to all. :) and Good luck to all...... if anyone have any question regarding my case I will be glad to answer.

Optimistic11

Indlægaf Optimistic11 » 02.05.2013 21:08:14

Hi again to all,

Can anyone tell me how to apply for Swedish national Laws now after my EU application has already been accepted this month. I got a Resident Card for 5 years. Now can I apply for Swedish national Laws ?

1. Is there any difference of rights and privilege I may get after Swedish national laws ?
2. In my current situation, I have to wait for 5 years in order to get the permanent residence !
3. If I apply for Swedish laws, is is true I may get the permanent residence after 2 years ??

Kindly guide me in my situation. Thanks.

skaanebo

Indlægaf skaanebo » 02.05.2013 22:48:53

Yes, since you now have a legal residence in Sweden, you can also apply for a residence permit under Swedish laws. The main difference will be that once you have obtained the residence permit you will be able to get a permanent residence in Sweden after 2 years and not after 5 years as under EU laws.

nisrine

Re: Help for applying Family Reunification in denmark

Indlægaf nisrine » 23.09.2013 22:33:14

iam applying for family reunification in Denmark. iam 25 years old . my husband is my cousun who is 25 years old also, and has the danish nationality. 2 days before i have got refusal for my application because of family relationship between us. and in 1 octobet at the latest i have to leave denmark returning to my country Lebanon since iam a palestinean refugee from lebanon. we can appeal but we don't know what papers can support our application

skaanebo

Indlægaf skaanebo » 24.09.2013 06:22:09

If you intend to apply for asylum, talk to a lawyer first.

You can also move to another EU country and use EU laws. Read the Danish text in the menu under "rådgivning".

mh
Geografisk sted: Istanbul, Tyrkiet
Kontakt:

Indlægaf mh » 24.09.2013 11:18:47

An appeal of the decision not to give you Family Reunification is a waste of time.

Only in cases where cousins have been married several years and had at least one child there is a chance that they can finally get FR in Denmark.

If your spouse has the possibility to move to Sweden (or Germany) you may follow him and when you have got everything sorted out you may apply for FR according to EU-rules. You can do that even if you in principle are illegally in Sweden.

If you cannot arrange things so quickly maybe it is possible for you to stay in Turkey (that is: outside of the Schengen-area) until your husband has found a place for you to stay in Sweden/Germany, and you can apply for a visa to go and be reunited with him.
mh

nisrine

Indlægaf nisrine » 12.10.2013 23:22:06

i have left denmark in first october. now we want to apply in sweden . do you know how much will it take to get family reunification in sweden?

skaanebo

Indlægaf skaanebo » 13.10.2013 05:59:10

It is described in English at www.migrationsverket.se and in Danish under the menu bar "rådgivning" here on this site.

Tilbage til "IN ENGLISH"